We want to ensure everyone has access to important water quality information quickly and easily. The City of Coweta Water Quality Reports generated by the Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality (ODEQ) for 2011 through 2015 have been posted to the City website. The 2016 and 2017 reports were already online, and we have also added the 2018 report – received last week. You can find them here: https://www.cityofcoweta-ok.gov/Archive.aspx?AMID=38
Important things to know about the reports:
- The reports show some non-compliant results in 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014.
- The new water treatment was completed and brought online in the 4th quarter of 2014.
- From 2015 through 2018, Coweta’s water system has been fully compliant with all applicable ODEQ and EPA standards.
- Attached to the 2018 report, you will see a “Monitoring Requirements Not Met Letter” indicating that in May of 2019, we did not retrieve and submit a sample for Total Organic Carbon (TOC). While not an excuse for missing this required sampling, May was a very busy month for our water treatment and public works employees.
- TOC results for every other month of 2019 met all applicable ODEQ and EPA standards.
- As required by ODEQ, you will see a link on your next water bill to the 2018 Water Quality Report.