Shop Coweta 2023
What Is Shop Coweta?
Shop Coweta, hosted by the City of Coweta, is an annual program to encourage residents and visitors alike to shop in Coweta and support Coweta businesses during the holiday season. When our residents shop with Coweta businesses, those tax dollars stay at home, where they benefit our community directly by funding important city services such as Public Safety and projects such as roads and infrastructure.
Shop Coweta is going ticketless this year!
- Entrants submit their Shop Coweta entries via a secure Form, accessible via a web link on this page or via a QR code at participating businesses. The entry form link is also available from the city Facebook page.
- No phone or email? No problem – paper forms can be picked up at Coweta City Hall or the Coweta Library and used to enter, along with a stapled copy of your receipt from a participating business.
- You do not have to make your entry from the store in the moment, or even from your own phone. Do your shopping, and then sit down when convenient and send in your submissions (one per receipt).
- If you don't have a smartphone, someone else can access the form from their phone and send in your submission -- or you can use the paper form submissions from City Hall or the Coweta Library.
- Shop Coweta began Thursday, November 9, and ends Friday, December 15.
- Random winners will be pulled from the entrants via random.org selection; each entry is eligible to win one of two $1,000 checks or eleven $500 checks from the City of Coweta, distributed from City Hall.
- The first $1000 winner will be announced at the Coweta Christmas parade on Saturday, December 2. The prize must be picked up by 5 p.m. on December 15.
- The drawing for the rest of the prizes will be Friday, December 15, and the prizes must be picked up no later than 5 p.m. on Wednesday, December 20.
- Any unclaimed prizes as of 5 p.m. on Wednesday, December 20th, will be forfeited.
- Prize winners can be notified faster, because the City of Coweta will already have your contact information.
- No more multiple rounds of drawings.
- No more keeping track of all those tickets or ticket numbers!
- Tickets cost literally thousands of dollars to purchase, and countless volunteer hours to prepare, track, deliver and pickup, log, and verify.
How do you enter?
- Scan the QR codes available at participating businesses and fill out the short entry form. Or use the link on this page (bookmark it now for easy reference!)
- Upload a photo of your receipt as part of the form (it’s easy, the form walks you through it) and that’s it!
- Not ready to make a purchase? No problem – Use the QR code or links to fill out the entry form and submit a picture of your visit to the store (you in the store – this is your selfie moment) instead of a receipt. Only one ‘just looking’ entry is allowed per day, per participating business.
Businesses that are participating in Shop Coweta:
The Pink Cactus
Coweta Flowers & Junktique
Coweta Chamber of Commerce
141 Small Engine
Buddy's Home Furnishings - Coweta, OK
City of Coweta
Downtown Paw Spa
- Shoppers must be 18 years or older to participate.
- Shoppers will receive one entry for every receipt or verifiable visit photograph submitted from a participating Shop Coweta business.
- All prize money will be picked up from the City of Coweta at City Hall. You must present your ID to receive your winnings.
- No purchase is necessary. Patrons may visit participating businesses and submit a picture of themselves once per business per day.
- Your deposit slip is an example of a receipt from a bank; your paid insurance premium is an example of one from a local insurance agency. Or, when you visit these non-retail establishments who are participating, use the ‘selfie’ entry method with your form entry.
- Anyone who wins $600 or more must complete a W-9 with the winnings to be reported to the IRS. Those who win a $1,000 prize or win two $500 prizes would be subject to this requirement.
PRIZE PICK-UP INSTRUCTIONS
$500 cash winners will need to present their IDs to an official at City Hall. Once verified, we will give them the envelope with the cash. The winner MUST count the money in front of one of us before leaving with the prize.
The $1,000 dollar winners must present their ID and complete the W-9 before we can process the payment. Checks will take a few minutes to process; city staff must enter the W-9 into the system and receipt it before issuing the check. A 1099 will be issued to all $1,000 prize winners.
Please be aware that lunch hours are alternated from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm. If you come for prize pick-up during that time, staff may not be available to process the request immediately.
If you own or operate a business within Coweta’s city limits and would like to participate in Shop Coweta this year, apply here. This program is funded by Coweta citizen tax dollars and is therefore open only to businesses within Coweta’s city limits.